DHAMMA SUTTAMA - COVID PROTOCOL
(updated August 31, 2021)
Before completing an application, it is important to review the information below regarding the new measures and acceptance criteria.
These measures and acceptance criteria are necessary in order to comply with the sanitary guidelines issued by the Public Health Department to ensure the safety of meditators, servers and teachers attending the Centre.
- Vaccination passport: The vaccination passport is required by the Quebec government as of September 1st for all non-essential services (the services provided by the Centre are currently categorized as non-essential services). Upon arrival, you will need to present your vaccination passport (for Quebec residents) or proof of vaccination (for non-residents).
- Increased risk of serious illness: Although the centre takes every precaution, there is no guarantee that COVID-19 will not occur during the course.
WARNING: Certain conditions may increase the risk of serious illness from COVID-19. These conditions are as follows:
- Age over 65 years
- Chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Severe heart problems
- Immunosuppression (for example, from cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplants, immune deficiency, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or long-term use of corticosteroids and other immune-suppressing drugs)
- Severely overweight
- Diabetes / chronic kidney disease on dialysis
- Liver disease
- Provisional acceptance only: All acceptances to participate in the courses are provisional. Acceptances will be confirmed only upon successful completion of the COVID-19 screening questionnaire that will be sent to you three days prior to the start of the course.
- Limited Menu Choices: Due to the constraints of serving meals in the dining room, it is not possible to offer the usual variety of food items and menu choices.
- Face Masks: You will be required to wear a procedural mask at all times in the centre except when seated in the meditation room or seated at your seat in the dining room, when outside, in your room or in the bathroom.
- Meditation cushions and shawls: You should bring your own meditation cushions and shawls. The Centre will provide a meditation mat and a rectangular foam cushion.
- Declaration: When you register upon arrival at the centre on Day 0, you will be asked the check-in questions again and will also be asked to sign a declaration to confirm that you understand the need for the new procedures and that you will comply with the requirements.
- Carpooling: We are no longer able to offer carpooling or support in arranging rides to the Centre.